Sunday, January 2, 2011

forgiveness

"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" .... it takes a lot of courage to forgive and let go of all the anger. To finally be able to say, "it's okay now, the anger is gone", requires a strong heart, aided by prayers and a positive mind. Not to forgive is like drinking poison hoping that the other person will die. It's like feeding a cancer inside us, harboring the hatred hinders us from moving forward and making better things for ourselves. It is hard to do if the person who has done us wrong doesn't even feel sorry for it. But do we have to wait until they realize that? I guess not. Some people see their mistakes, others just don't. Think of yourself, love yourself. Coz if you don't, who else will? That is our responsibility to ourself, to keep it healthy and harmoniously wealthy..... in mind, body and spirit. Forgiving is a hard journey, with it comes the realization that we have to let go of all the people and things that comes along with that hatred, even people that we want to hold on to if the circumstances were different.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The above blog is an old one from my old blogsite but I chose to make it my first post here as I officially start my blogspot (finally!). Now, why this? Well, there are various reasons. Since it's the beginning of the year (it's my year!) and the start of a new blog warehouse, I thought of having a positive aura incorporated into it. Forgiveness came so naturally among the many subjects I can think of. Leave all the grudges, ill-feelings, and bitterness behind. Let the last decade deal with it! I'm only bringing with me all the good stuff!

So, let's define what's good ---- food, travel, (good) relationships, values, good karma, good intentions, love, joy, hope, abundance, life!----- in other words, anything good, yummy, and fun! These are the stuff I want to be writing about. Oh, there might be times I get so "emo" and start scribbling sentiments, please do stop me when I do, I would really appreciate that :)

Oftentimes, when "forgiveness" pops in, we think only of those people who have hurt us. Let's remember that we should forgive ourselves as well. It's the only way to move on and start anew. Time for a fresh start!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...