Saturday, May 21, 2011

Marcos Museum and Mausoleum - Batac, Ilocos Norte

This was Ferdinand Marcos’ former house in Batac, which was turned into a museum housing all his memorabilias from his stint in the Armed Forces down to his presidency. Here you can see various photos of him in his youth (he was a hunk, may I say!), military awards, books on legislations during his term as senator and president, and some handwritten letters/speeches. Entrance fee is free and taking pictures is allowed in this area. The mausoleum is a different story, absolutely no pictures. Here is where Marcos’ deposed body lay under a glass enclosure, or shall I say, his waxed remains? I have my doubts on the authenticity of his preserved body but if Imelda insists that it is his actual remains, then so be it. The embalmers sure did a good job of preserving his body (and youth) and the matching regal outfit gave him that royal aura. I was expecting a super strong AC here but it wasn’t, maybe they have limited it in that glass box? Wouldn’t there be condensates on the exterior if it were? And where was the Gregorian chant music I read about? Okay, ignore my wondering and wandering mind, the place was still creepy nonetheless, thanks to the dark room, candles, and flowers.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...